Community Consultative Committee
A Community Consultative Committee (CCC) has been established in accordance with the SSD-6464, SSD-6465 and operates generally in accordance with the NSW Department of Environment and Planning Community Consultative Committee Guidelines for State Significant Projects (January 2019). A copy of the CCC Guidelines can be accessed here.
The MTW CCC generally meets four times per year and aims keep the community informed regarding the progress of the operations and environmental performance. The CCC is an important forum for open discussion between the community, local government stakeholders and MTW mine representatives. The CCC has an Independent Chairperson endorsed by the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment who receives a professional fee from MTW.
Current MTW CCC Members
- Mr. Colin Gellatly - Independent Chair
- Mr. David Bennett - MTW General Manager
- Mr. Gary Mulhearn - MTW Environment & Community Manager
- Mr. Stewart Mitchell - Community Representative
- Mr. Ian Hedley - Community Representative
- Ms. Barbara Brown - Community Representative
- Mr. Denis Maizey - Community Representative
- Mr. Neville Hodkinson - Stakeholder Representative (Singleton Shire Healthy Environment Group)
- Cr. Hollee Jenkins - Singleton Council Representative
The minutes, presentations and business papers from previous CCC meetings can be found below.